Saturday 24 November 2012

Toilet Paper Rolls ... Is that art ?

If I was asked what are the possible uses for a toilet paper roll I would say  the very private one, and the second one a Halloween prank.
However I found a new use !

 Sakir Gökcebag, a Hamburg-based Turkish artist, makes Trans-Layers installations, made out of hundreds of toilet paper rolls that drape down the walls creating beautiful patterns.
 
 Previously, he has used such normal objects as clocks, brooms, umbrellas and such.. Turns out, almost anything can have undiscovered artistic potential! Which leads me on to the question , What is art ?
Wikipedia says
  1. The expression or application of human creative skill and imagination
  2. Works produced by such skill and imagination
 
 
So what about if I put a scribbled doodle in a gallery , does that make it art ?
 
Anyway on with the Toilet Rolls .... they are some creative bits of paper !!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment