Sunday 2 September 2012

My visit to Kensington Palace to see Princess Diana's Dresses and their designs

Today I went to St Pancras station. It turns out it has alot of very nice shops but that wasn't the reason for me going. I had lunch in the Carluccios there and then headed off to Kensington Palace, where the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge currently live.Also where Prince Harry is supposedly "keeping a low profile from the press".

 While I was visiting the Palace I saw many of Princess Diana's dresses and designs for the dresses on paper. I found it highly interesting. I also came across many diamond and precious jewel encrusted outfits from many centurys of royals ago . Princess Diana wore many different outfits by known designers such as Versace and others not so known but equally as imaginative.

 The dresses include a black silk taffeta gown worn by Diana on her first official engagement with the Prince of Wales on March 9 1981, and a black silk shift evening dress by Versace, which she wore to the 1995 premiere of Apollo 13.An ivory silk formal dinner dress, a fuchsia and purple silk chiffon sari dress and a black and white cocktail dress complete the set.My favourite is the black dress above because of its sheer simplicity and the curvacious body.

2 comments: