Sunday 16 September 2012

Goodwood Festival Of Speed


 This week has been a rather eventful week with the London fashion week starting and Goodwood Festival of Speed.
This weekend I went to Goodwood to catch up on all of the Celebrity's,cars and fashion.


If you didn't already know Goodwood is the most prestigious car racing festival in Europe and it races cars and motorbikes from the 1940-1960's ! Not only do people watch the vintage cars race they dress up as people would in the 1940-60's ! So this is why I went to catch all the fashion as well as some speed.

There were some sights to see at Goodwood practically everyone was dresses up.
The outfits ranged from Polka dotted dresses to boiler suits and goggles ! And as for the actual drivers of the cars they wore a variety of different leather pieces.

The top highlights of the day for me was standing on "Ambulance corner" watching the cars spin round the hardest corner of the track whilst an airshow was going on above . Then the planes landed in the middle of the track which was pretty cool!
I saw alot of leather jackets and polka dot dresses (not in the same outfit). I wore a printed dress with leather leggings and purple silk trainer/converses.

On the left are some of the best outfits in my opinion although there were many fabulous efforts I think that these three were defiantly up in the top 20 !


On the right
  is me in a phone box just because I thought it would look cool !

I think that the only place that you wouldn't be frowned upon for wearing a mink coat would be Goodwood becuase virtually everyone was wearing them which surprised me a little as well as creeped me out because some of them has tails and ears !


Many celebrity's attended the event such as Lewis Hamiltion and his Girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger, Chris Evans from BBC radio 2 and Jenson button.

I saw this VW camper van at Goodwood it has a union Jack roof ! I think that this is so patriotic that the Queen should have travelled down the Thames in it on a boat !

I also happened to see the girl below at Goodwood ,she is not dressed up but I thought that she was defiantly blog worthy !

So overall I had a brilliant day watching the cars skidding round the track and motorbikes toppling over ! Best of all fashion watching.


 




 

1 comment:

  1. Way Cool Bella. You go to sooooooo many amazing places. Wow, u saw Lewis too. Jealous!

    Loving The Blog.

    From

    Fashionista

    ReplyDelete